Tell us about your special fishing experience in one of Alberta’s irrigation reservoirs and you could win a $100 gift certificate to a sporting goods store. Click to read Mark Davis’ story from last year as an example.
Here are the rules for our contest.
1) The fishing story must be about a real fishing experience on one of Alberta’s irrigation reservoirs or waterbody supplied by irrigation water. You can see that list by clicking on Irrigation-Based Waters Used by Anglers.
2) Up to 5 prizes will be awarded, but only one per person. Each prize will be a $100 gift certificate to a major sporting goods store of our choice.
3) We would prefer a story of between 200 and 600 words in length.
4) We reserve the right to accept or reject any submission. Stories including any crude, rude, or discriminatory language, for example, will be rejected.
5) The contest will close October 31, 2018 and all submissions must be emailed or postmarked by that date. Contest winners will be announced on our website by November 15, 2018.
6) The stories will be judged on style, interesting nature of the experience, and indications of good sportsmanship. Extra points will be awarded to early entries. Judges decisions are final.
7) By submitting a story, you agree to AIPA publishing the story and your name and community on our website and/or through other public media. If you are under the age of 18, you must send us permission to publish your name and story which permission must be agreed to and signed by your parent or guardian.
8) We would appreciate a picture of the fish involved in the story, but that is not a requirement. All photos will be returned but copies of stories will not be returned.
9) All stories will be acknowledged. Contact us if you do not hear back after your submission.
10) Entries must include your name as you would like to see it published with the story, your mailing address if you are sending a photo, your email address and phone number so we may contact you by either means to notify you of contest results.
Send your story to Vicky.email@example.com or mail it to
Alberta Irrigation Projects Association
Attn: Fishing Story Contest
2825 – 18th Avenue North
LETHBRIDGE, AB T1H 6T5